At Morning Star Quilting Studio, we are here to help. The following information should give you some simple guidelines, but it will not take the place of a phone call!
• Square your quilt with correct boarder techniques.
• If the outside edge of your quilt top has bias edges or multiple seams, stay stitch 1/4" from the edge of the entire quilt to
• If the backing needs to be seamed, use a 1/2" seam and press open.
• Use a good quality batting if you provide your own. The studio has Hobbs 80/20 available for a nominal charge.
• Batting & Backing 8" larger than quilt top in both directions.
• Clean the back of your quilt top, so trailing darker threads do not show thru lighter fabric.
• Label the top edge of your quilt top and backing.
• Do not pin or baste your layers together.
• Press and deliver top and backing on hangers to prevent wrinkling & additional pressing charges.